Optional: 1/2 tsp. caraway seed
Jar: 1 Liter (recipe easily multiplied for larger size Jar)
Temperature: 68-72ºF on Countertop Phase, Below 55ºF for 6 weeks, or in refrigerator for 12 weeks.
Ferment: 5-7 Days (Countertop), 6-12 Weeks (Cold)
- Place cleaned brussel sprouts in the Probiotic Jar (allowing enough space for Brine Bowl at the top) and sprinkle in Caraway seed if using.
- Add 2% brine to just below the neck of the Jar.
- Place Brine Bowl, fill & insert the Airlock, lock the Jar & cover.
- Leave at 68-72ºF for 5-7 days.
- Move to cool storage (55ºF or cooler) for 6 weeks minimum, or to the refrigerator for 11 weeks, then it’s ready to eat