25 g ginger ~ chopped into 1" pieces
250 g fresh cabbage ~ finely shredded
100 g coarsely chopped Kale
500 g cubed beets
Jar: 3 Liter Jar
Ferment: 7-9 days
- Please prepared vegetables in the Jar.
- Add 2% (completely dissolved) brine to just below the neck.
- Place Brine (Submersion) Bowl afloat on top of the brine.
- Lock the Lid, fill & place the Airlock.
- Place in a room temperature (68-72ºF) dark spot wrapped with a kitchen towel for 5-7 days.
- Move kvass to fridge, and leave to ferment there for three full months, or for six weeks at 55ºF.
- Strain kvass and store in Probiotic Jar with Airlock while using.
This recipe looks so good! I can't wait for these vegetables to be in season in Alaska so that I can try it! The Stopper can be used in place of the Airlock to create a little fizz. Pressure is known to harm LAB and slow their production, so determine whether or not an optimized ferment is needed, and if willing, trade in nutritional perfection for a little fizz!