Used by permission. Thank you, Linda!
Trimmed and grated carrots (or sliced or sticks)
A sprig of fresh chocolate mint (or dill or small slice of ginger [powerful and goes a long way])
Jar: .75 or 1 Liter Jar (Or double or triple the recipe in a 2 or 3 Liter Jar)
Ferment: 7-9 days
- Layer herbs under carrots in the Jar, packing snugly up to the shoulder
(approximately 1 ½ lbs. carrot per liter)
- Add 2% brine to just cover the carrots.
- Place Brine (Submersion) Bowl, fill & insert the Airlock, lock the Jar & cover.
- Leave at 70ºF for 5-7 days.
- Move to the refrigerator and use right away.