Ready to Use: One week, but the longer, the better. The heat will mellow a bit over time.
Hot Pepper, cleaned with or without seeds
Garlic, peeled and ends trimmed
All ingredients sliced, chopped, or grated.
Ferment: 5-7 days
1. Very loosely (do not pack) layer ingredients in the Probiotic Jar, so that they fill approximately half of the jar.
2. Add 2% brine to just below the neck.
3. Float the Brine Bowl on top of the brine.
4. Lock the Jar, fill the Airlock with water, and twist the Airlock into place.
5. Place in a dark spot at 68-72ºF for 5-7, then move to the refrigerator and use the brine.
Use the ingredients in the jar as the brine level lowers, to make sure that the ingredients stay covered with Brine. Do not remove all the ingredients until the brine is gone. The ingredients continue to feed the bacteria.
In the picture, the ingredients were prepared for other ferments, and what we put in this jar was the left-overs from slicing, dicing, chopping and grating all five ingredients. It would be ideal to prepare all of the ingredients in the same way, but this is going to ferment just wonderfully and create a powerful medicinal product even though some of the ingredients are grated, some are sliced, and some are chunks. What a wonderful way to use up the leftovers!
We're running a giveaway on Facebook! Follow us, and enter every day! www.facebook.com/probioticjar