Used by permission. Thank you, Linda!
1 baseball sized tomato ~ quartered
100 g (grams) peeled cucumber (pickling or salad) chopped into 1" slices
65 g carrot ~ finely shredded
250 g fresh cabbage ~ finely shredded
25 g coarsely chopped Kale
25 g chopped Parsley
100 g cubed beets
Optional: Fresh stevia leaves (or you could add processed stevia to taste after ferment)
Jar: 3 Liter Jar
Ferment: 5-7 days on counter, then into the refrigerator for 11 weeks
- Please prepared vegetables in the Jar.
- Add 2% (completely dissolved) brine to just below the neck. Place Brine (Submersion) Bowl afloat on top of the brine.
- Lock the Lid, fill & place the Airlock.
- Place in a room temperature (68-72ºF) dark spot wrapped with a kitchen towel for 5-7 days. Move to the refrigerator and wait another eleven weeks. This recipe has cabbage in it, and it is important to let the probiotics do their full work on the compounds that can cause some difficulty and unpleasant symptoms for some people.
- Strain and move kvass to fridge. You could use The Probiotic Jar with the Stopper in place to create a little fizz.