Ferment: 5-7 days
- Rinse enough freshly picked, non-sprayed, and unopened dandelion buds to almost fill a .75 Liter Probiotic Jar.
- Peel orange, juice, and put in a Probiotic Jar.
- Add spices to Jar.
- Add dandelion buds to Jar, and top with 2% brine, just to bottom of curve of neck of the Probiotic Jar.
- Place Brine Bowl, fill & insert the Airlock, lock the Jar & cover.
- Leave at 68-72ºF for 5-7 days.
- Move to the refrigerator, and enjoy!
"Why dandelion buds", you say? Because dandelions are rich in nutrition, and have amazing compounds that support liver health. We're all about doing more of what can make us healthier around here at The Probiotic Jar.
This recipe is not "tried and true" I'm inviting you to try this and let us know how it develops for you! I live far in the north, in Alaska, and your dandelion buds will be finished before mine start to appear, so I'm posting this early for you!
I've added warming spices to counteract the flavor of bitter dandelion, but it might be just wonderful with only garlic and bay leaf. I think I'll try a Jar both ways!
Also note that garlic is a longer ferment than most ~ it needs four more weeks in the refrigerator to completely finish the fermenting cycle, so for the very best of the fermented garlic contribution, make it now and enjoy it mid-summer!
I'm excited to see how these taste on salads with a little Himalayan Pink Salt and freshly ground pepper. and a drizzle of olive oil.