2 Lbs. Carrots
2 Lbs. Beets
1 sprig Rosemary
1 sprig Thyme
Optional: This would also be delicious with cinnamon and clove, or ginger and garlic.
Jar: 2 Liter
Temperature: 68-72ºF Ideal Range
Ferment: 5-7 days
- Clean and trim ends of the vegetables and herbs.
- Cut 2 lbs. carrots into rounds with a food processor, 2 lb. of the beets grated with a food processor.
- Layer in the 2 Liter Jar, putting the herbs toward the bottom or along the outside of the glass so that it won't poke out of the brine and pack in until just above the shoulder.
- Fill the Jar almost to the base of the neck with 2% Brine, rocking and tapping the Jar to cause the trapped air bubbles to rise. (Be careful not to break the glass).
- Add the Brine Bowl, close and lock the Jar, and add water to the Airlock, and twist into place.
- Leave at 68-72ºF for 5-7 days, until the bubbling starts to slow.
- Move to refrigerator, and eat!