Ingredients: Young Ginger Root (not woody)
Jar: .5 to 1 Liter Probiotic Jar
Brine: 2% Brine
Ferment: 5-7 Days
1. Scrape peel off of ginger root with the edge of a spoon or paring knife. Young ginger peels very easily this way without taking too much off. Break sections where necessary to get in to remove the peel.
2. Cut off any tough spots, or "healed" ends from prior breakage. Keep only the soft clean flesh of the ginger root.
3. Use mandolin or vegetable peeler on very thin setting to slice the ginger root. Food processors clog with the fiber, so a manual slicer works much better.
5. Add 2% brine to just below the neck of the Jar.
6. Place Brine Bowl, fill & insert the Airlock, lock the Jar & cover.
7. Leave at 68-72ºF for 5-7 days, until the bubbling starts to slow.
8. Move to the refrigerator, and enjoy!