4. Place the ginger root into the Probiotic Jar chosen. If a large amount of ginger brine is desired, then add the ginger loosely packed about 2/3 full. For less useable brine, pack the ginger snugly in the Jar, filling it to the shoulder, leaving a dip in the center for the Brine Bowl.
5. Add 2% brine to just below the neck of the Jar.
6. Place Brine Bowl, fill & insert the Airlock, lock the Jar & cover.
7. Leave at 68-72ºF for 5-7 days, until the bubbling starts to slow.
8. Move to the refrigerator, and enjoy!
Here you will find the most delicious, health-boosting concoctions on planet earth! You are sure to experience both a delightful sensation on your taste buds as well as a happy tummy!
Beets, (Grated) with Clove, Cinnamon & Allspice
Carrots (Grated) with Chocolate Mint
Carrots & Beets with Rosemary & Thyme
Carrot Sticks (Herbed or Plain)
Carrot (Grated) with Chocolate
Carrots, Leeks, Ginger & Dill
Dill Pickles (Traditional)
Garden Medley Kvass
Ginger, Shaved & Pickled
Ginger, Beet & Kale Kvass
Ginger Bug (Starter)
Salsa ~ Chunky Tomato
Tonic ~ Cold, Sinus & Flu
The success of every recipe shared on this site is dependent on the proper application of anaerobic pickling techniques. These recipes are designed specifically to work in The Probiotic Jar. Please follow the instructions in the Quick Start Guide when creating these recipes.